What Is A Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a fantastic solution to replace 1 or more consecutive missing teeth. It acts like a custom-made bridge, which fills the missing gap with artificial teeth, anchored securely to your neighboring teeth. Made from materials such as metal, porcelain or zirconia, dental bridges are made to look and function just like your natural teeth.
Getting a dental bridge has numerous benefits. It improves your smile, boosts your confidence, and helps you chew food comfortably. It also prevents various other dental problems, which we’ll cover in more detail below.
Why Do I Need A Dental Bridge?
The replacement of missing teeth is important for the following reasons:
- to improve appearance
- to reduce strain on the teeth at either side of the missing tooth/teeth
- to prevent the neighbouring teeth from leaning into the resulting gap and altering the bite
- to prevent gum disease and tooth decay due to the accumulation of food in the gap
On average, dental bridges can last up to 8 to 12 years, provided that you maintain good oral hygiene On average, dental bridges can last up to 8 to 12 years, provided that you maintain good
What Are The Benefits Of A Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges fill in the gaps left by missing teeth, restoring your smile and preventing a sunken appearance.
Unlike dentures, there’s no need to be concerned about a dental bridge accidentally coming out of your mouth. The bridge will be firmly attached and will only be taken out for dental cleaning purposes.
Improved Chewing and Speaking
Missing teeth can make chewing difficult and affect your speech. Dental bridges restore your ability to chew and speak properly, allowing you to enjoy life without limitations.
Getting a dental bridge is a relatively quick and minimally invasive procedure compared to some other tooth replacement options, like dental implants.
Having a complete smile can boost your confidence in social and professional settings, allowing you to interact with others without worrying about gaps in your teeth. Your quality of life will be significantly improved!
What Is The Process Of Getting A Dental Bridge?
Getting a dental bridge is a simple process that will help you get your smile back in no time!
- In your initial appointment, we will examine your teeth to check if you’re a good fit for the treatment. You may need to get a dental X-ray to assess eligibility and also treat any tooth decay and gum disease before treatment begins.
- Next, we’ll prepare the neighbouring teeth to help the bridge fit perfectly. We will make sure you’re comfortable throughout the whole process.
- Then, we’ll take quick impressions of your teeth. Don’t worry, it’s painless and fast!
- While your custom bridge is being fabricated, you may get a temporary one fitted in.
- Finally, when your new bridge is ready, we will securely place it in
The whole process is quick and painless, giving you a better smile in no time.
You’ll be able to eat, smile, and talk with confidence again. And remember, we’re here to help you every step of the way and make sure you’re comfortable and happy with your new dental bridge!
Why Choose Melton Dental Group?
At Melton Dental Group, we provide professional and personalised dental care for our patients. Our skilled and friendly team of dental professionals will listen to all your concerns, help ease any anxieties and ensure all your dental needs are met with the best possible dental care. We go the extra mile to make sure we deliver a result that you can be proud of and our state-of-the-art dental technologies make treatments all the more efficient and comfortable for our patients.
Whether you want to restore your smile with dental bridges or seek other dental treatments like general dentistry, dental implants or cosmetic dentistry, we’ve got you covered with all of these services and more.