What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a treatment that is used to fix damaged teeth and hide minor imperfections. The Dental Bonding procedure utilises a composite resin (material) and is used for a variety of structural and cosmetic purposes.
Bonding can be used as a conservative and less expensive option to Porcelain Veneers as it requires minimal tooth preparation. However as bonding material is made of composite resin, it is not as durable as Porcelain Veneers and is more prone to chipping, breaking and discolouring. As a result, they may require regular touch-up work.
What Problems Can Dental Bonding Treat?
Dental bonding helps you enhance the aesthetics of your smile. This incredible technique uses a composite resin material that matches the colour of your teeth to:
- Hide imperfections like chips or fractures in your teeth.
- Mask tooth staining or discolouration that don’t respond to teeth whitening
- Bridge gaps or spaces between teeth.
- Create the illusion of increased tooth length
- Alter the shape of your teeth.
Dental Bonding Process
Dental bonding is as simple as it gets. Here’s how it works:
- To start, we carefully match the composite resin to the colour of your teeth. This ensures a natural look.
- If your tooth has any issues, like a chip or a worn spot, we prepare it to make sure the bonding sticks well.
- Then we apply a bonding liquid to your tooth. It acts like glue, helping the bonding material hold tight.
- Now comes the interesting part – we’ll mould the composite resin, which is a soft, putty-like material along your tooth into its desired shape.
- We will then use a bright light to harden the material quickly. The material becomes strong in just moments.
- After it’s solid, we shape and smooth the material until it looks and feels just right, blending in perfectly with your other teeth.
The whole process is quick and painless, giving you a better smile in no time.
Keep in mind that dental bonding is wonderful for small fixes and cosmetic improvements. While it’s durable, it might not last as long as some other cosmetic treatments like veneers.
Benefits Of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding offers several benefits that make it a popular choice for cosmetic dental improvements and minor repairs. Some of the key advantages include:
Quick and Non-Invasive
Dental bonding is a relatively fast procedure that often only requires one visit to the dentist! It usually doesn’t require anesthesia unless it’s being used to fill a cavity.
Improves Your Smile
Bonding can effectively address various cosmetic concerns such as chipped, stained, or unevenly spaced teeth. It can improve the overall appearance of your smile.
The bonding material is colour-matched to your teeth, ensuring a seamless blend. This makes the repaired or enhanced tooth look natural and virtually indistinguishable from the rest of your teeth.
Dental bonding is often more budget-friendly compared to other cosmetic options like veneers or crowns. This makes it an accessible choice for those seeking cosmetic improvements without breaking the bank.
This dental treatment can be used to treat a range of aesthetic concerns and improve the size, shape and colour of your teeth.
Dental Bonding Aftercare
Specialised care isn’t required for dental bonding. You just need to follow your usual oral hygiene routine. Brush your teeth a minimum of two times daily, use dental floss at least once a day, and maintain regular dental appointments for check-ups and cleanings.
In addition, you can also follow the steps mentioned below to take care of your bonded teeth:
- Reduce the intake of highly pigmented food/beverages like coffee, tea and wine.
- Reduce or quit smoking.
- Avoid biting down on hard foods or objects like ice and nails.
How Much Does Dental Bonding Cost?
Dental bonding costs differ based on factors such as the number of teeth that need treatment, the complexity and the severity of damage to your teeth. When you visit us for a consultation, our dentists will provide an accurate breakdown of the cost after assessing your mouth. You can also explore our payment options designed to make dental care affordable and accessible to you.
Why Choose Melton Dental for Dental Bonding?
We know the importance of having a dazzling and healthy smile. That’s why we provide affordable dental treatments like dental bonding to help you achieve your dream smile in the most simple, minimally invasive manner. Our skilled dentists can treat various dental issues using this versatile treatment in just a single visit.
In addition to providing the best possible results, our dental professionals will also ensure your experience at our dental clinic is of the highest level. Contact us or schedule a consultation if you want to learn more about dental bonding or other treatments, such as cosmetic dentistry, dental implants and gum treatment and much more, that we have to offer.