You should see your Dentist immediately – within the hour. If you act quickly, there is a good chance the tooth can be saved.
It is essential to get to a dentist right away. In the mean time:
- Pick the tooth by the crown. Avoid touching the root end.
- If tooth is dirty, rinse it under running water for a few seconds. Do not scrub it as the tooth can be damaged.
- Tuck the clean tooth between the cheek and gum
- Another option is to put the tooth in a container with milk or saliva.
- Do Not let the tooth dry.
- Remember, if you act quickly and get to see the dentist as soon as possible, there is a good chance the tooth can be saved